General Care and Use of Moonfire Pottery...
Our pottery is lead free, dishwasher safe, microwave safe and when precautions are taken, suitable for oven baking. Here are some helpful hints...
Handmade stoneware pottery is sensitive to thermal shock. Please avoid thermal shock by following these guidelines;
- Our pottery is best placed in a cool oven. Set the oven according to your baking instructions.
- Don't take your pottery directly from the refrigerator and heat in the microwave or oven. Allow the pottery to warm to room temperature.
- When taking your pottery out of the oven or microwave, put it on some kind of trivet, pot holder, or bread board.
- Setting hot pottery on a cold tile counter is another form of thermal shock.
- For washing in the dishwasher, use the normal setting and use a non caustic dishwasher detergent.
- Never put your pottery on an open flame, heating element or under the broiler
Each piece of pottery is handmade, hand glazed and signed and dated by Bill and Claire Delffs. Each piece of pottery is unique, with it's own personality and due to the uniqueness of handmade stoneware pottery, sizes and colors may vary slightly, even within sets. All our descriptive measurements and volume capacities are averages.